Date: Thursday 23rd November 2017 Venue: BRLSI, 16-18 Queen Square, Bath, BA1 2HN
About First 5
The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) concept of First5® is an initiative to support new GPs from completion of training to the first point of revalidation at five years. See RCGP First5® for more info.
The 5 main pillars of the First5® initiative are:
- CONNECTING – promoting a sense of belonging to a group.
- NETWORKS – encouraging peer support and mentoring
- CAREER MENTORSHIP – exploring career paths in General Practice
- CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- REVALIDATION – enabling resources to support this process.
The concept recognises that much like passing your driving test, most of the learning that goes on in General Practice is done when the 'test' is passed. It works towards creating a supportive and rewarding transition to independent Practice.
BGPERT is committed to ensuring the needs of the local FIRST5 contingent are addressed and in doing so supports a Local FIRST5 Group in Bath.
The Group meets every 2-3 months. For details on forthcoming FIRST5 meetings - see our MEETINGS CALENDAR or the top of this webpage.
SO IF YOU ARE A NEWLY QUALIFIED GP, WHO IS..
- FRESH FROM TRAINING
- NEW TO THE BATH AREA
- OR JUST LOOKING TO NETWORK WITH PEERS AT A SIMILAR STAGE IN THEIR CAREER
…….....PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR DETAILS TO JOIN THE BATH FIRST5 EMAIL LIST OR TO LEAVE COMMENTS/IDEAS ABOUT FUTURE SESSIONS.
N.B. You do not have to be a BGPERT or RCGP member to join us.
Many thanks to BMA Southwest for kindly helping to finance Bath First 5 Sessions.