If you would like to submit a vacancy to this page, please email the BGPERT team .
NETWORK FOR PRACTICES Ltd
The NfP provide a weekly vacancy bulletin for jobs in General Practice for surgeries in the Wiltshire-Swindon-Bath area.
Click here to download the latest Vacancy Bulletin from the NFP Website.
Job Vacancies & GPs Available
Added 19th July
Bradford on Avon & Melksham Health Partnership - GP Required
We are seeking an enthusiastic GP to join our friendly team from mid-August 2018. We are looking for up to 8 sessions per week, and will be flexible for the right candidate. We encourage applications from both experienced and newly qualified GPs. We are a flexible, supportive GP training practice with a strong team ethos.
• 21,400 patient GMS practice
• 7 GP Partners, 6 Salaried GPs
• Medical defence fees paid
• Highly respected training practice with 4 GP trainers
• Active in-house CPD programme
• Close links with Community Team
• A pre-emptive care team designed to support the vulnerable older person, called the Transforming Care of the Older Person Team (TCOP)
• Permanent role, but would consider 6-month+ locum contract
Our surgery is located in the town of Bradford on Avon, a beautiful town (with river, canal and architecture) set in the Avon valley 8 miles (20 minutes drive) south east from Bath, and it’s easy transport links to London and the West. There is a wide selection of excellent state and private schools in the area, some of whom we provide services to.
Nestled in beautiful Wiltshire countryside, whilst benefitting from all that Bath has to offer including access to the world-class sports facilities at Bath University.
Please click here to download the job description.
For an informal discussion, further details, or to arrange a visit, please contact Ellen Wilson, Practice Manager, 01225 860012, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: early applications are encouraged. Recruitment will close by 10/08/2018
Added 11th June
Harptree Surgery - Salaried GP required
We are looking for a Salaried GP to join our rural practice team in the beautiful Mendip Hills, working 6 sessions per week. We have taken great care to offer a manageable workload and excellent work/life balance whilst providing continuity of care for the satisfaction of both patients and doctors. We have recently reduced the number of patients seen daily to enable our doctors to enjoy a good clinical focus, and are continuing to streamline administration with the same aim.
• Enthusiastic, forward thinking and friendly training and teaching practice of 3 partners and 3 salaried GPs with 6,600 patients.
• Operate from two premises – West Harptree and Temple Cloud
• Daily 30-minute coffee/clinical discussion meetings for all doctors on site
• Optional evening clinical meetings with all doctors on alternate months
• 12 face-to-face patient contacts in AM session, 8 face to face patient contacts in PM session.
• Innovative use of communication such as doctors’ WhatsApp group for colleague advice, interesting cases and clinical articles
• 14 visits in total for the practice during May 2018 (averages 2 visits/doctor/month)
• Optional mentoring by GP Partner
• Within a 30-minute commute from Bath and Bristol
• High QOF achievement
• High scores of national patient satisfaction surveys
• Opportunities to teach medical students
• Beautiful views of the Mendip Hills from your consultation room, cows and sheep in the surgery’s field – no need to close the curtains.
• Only 3 nursing home patients registered with the practice
A great place to live:
o Choice of over 6 good or outstanding state primary schools
o Good local state secondary schools
o Beautiful countryside for walks
o Sailing, cycling, caving, fishing nearby
o Excellent country pubs (one with a Michelin star)
o 15 minutes to Bristol International Airport
• Salary £8500 per session per annum
• Medical insurance paid by the practice
• 6 weeks annual leave and 1 week study leave
Commencing date: mid-September 2018
Please contact: Steve Brown, Business Manager, Harptree and Cameley Surgeries
01761 221406 (Harptree) 01761 452205 (Cameley)