BGPERT, the Bath GP Education & Research Trust, is a charitable educational organisation offering:
- Between 50 and 60 accredited educational events p.a. for its 420 plus members, some of which are open to others.
Examples include alcohol and drug misuse, basic skin surgery, cancer, child protection, dementia, diabetes, medicines management, psychological therapies, respiratory medicine, and stroke. Please see our meetings page to see what we have coming up!.
- A wide range of high quality educational meetings with clearly defined, robust learning objectives, using a variety of approaches to suit different learning styles, and where possible, previously positively evaluated speakers and workshop leaders.
- Meetings in a variety of locations, and at varying times and on different days of the week to enable attendance by the maximum number of GPs & Nurse Practitioners.
- Educational opportunities developed in response to identified learning needs as evidenced by appraisal outcomes, event evaluation, member feedback, liaison with consultants, e.g. how referrals could be improved, and other relevant professional groupings, etc.
Returns indicate that BGPERT events meet the learning objectives of over 97.2% of delegates.
- Evaluation of events, with the subsequent analysis fed back to the organiser, to inform the future programme, and to the speaker(s) for individual CPD / reflective learning.
- CPD credits for members as appropriate for each event.
- Direct access to over 400 GPs & Nurse Practitioners by email to advertise your accredited meeting.
- A website that, amongst other things, promotes events in advance facilitating participation; contains information resources from previous events; and, provides direct links to other sources of information.
- A resilient planning and administrative structure for dealing with members’ queries, and for each event from initial concept derived from GP & Nurse Practitioner learning needs through accreditation to post event evaluation and feedback to speakers. (Most events are planned 4 – 6 months in advance.)
- A network of sponsors has been developed over the years to help off-set the costs of educational provision.
Want to know more? To discuss your ideas?
Please email BGPERT or call 01225 336363. BGPERT welcomes the chance to explore new ways of providing GP & Nurse Practitioner education.